Kasumi Damascus Sashimi Knife 30cm #78220
Kasumi knives are forged from 33 layers of Stainless Steel. The middle layer, which acts as the cutting edge, is made from V-Gold No.10 Stainless Steel; high-quality steel developed exclusively for knives. Each Kasumi knife black is a high carbon Stainless Steel with cobalt, manganese, molybdenum, and vanadium for added durability and ease of sharpening. The addition of cobalt to this steel requires special tempering in order to maximize the full benefit of this steel. Sumikama's technique for this special tempering is a closely guarded secret. Each Kasumi knife has a laminated Japanese Pakka wood handle secured with Stainless Steel rivets. Each knife is expertly sharpened to a razor finish, making Kasumi knives the sharpest knife out of the box. A beautiful knife that will provide a lifetime of use and the ultimate in performance.
- 30cm in length.
- VG-10 Stainless steel core with beautiful Damascus stainless exterior.
- The blade is made from thirty-three layers of carbon steel.
- Tradition Japanese style resin impregnated laminated wood handle.
- Double stainless steel riveted handle.
- The original East meets West style cooks knife.
- Modern, beautiful knives merged with the best of Japanese tradition to provide sensational performance metrics.
- Japanese Damascus or "Sumikama" Steel blade.
- Damascus stabilizes the hardcore which provides superior edge retention.
- Presented in a signature Kasumi box.
- Hand washes are recommended.
- Made in Japan.